The 2020 LOOP Accelerator Program for Rwandan Education startups is here!
Kigali, Rwanda has got LOOP as the latest acceleration program that is mainly aiming at expanding the development of high potential education startups whose founders must be between 18-25 years old.
The program is scheduled to last for three months and it is designed to enable a long-lasting impact on the startups as well as the participating entrepreneurs and also ensure continuous success of each participating startup by making use of our existing networks, thoroughly analyzing each startup, ensuring the provision of the best materials and training.
The program entails weekly training (COVID-19 measures included), co-working space, one-on-one coaching sessions, mentor match-making and pitch events. This will require a weekly time investment of 2-4 hours.
To qualify for the first Kigali edition of LOOP, you must be:
- A founder or director in between the age bracket of 18-25 years.
- Have a minimum of one year of operations.
- Making a contribution to attaining the Sustainable Development Goals especially in the education sector; EdTech, Education Services, Education products.
- Ready for growth.
- Have operations in Rwanda.
- The participants must be ready to invest 2-4 hours on a weekly basis for LOOP activities till the accelerator is completed.
- Duration: September to November 2020.
During the application period, selection and screening will be taking place while the LOOP Accelerator is expected to be launched on the 1st of September, 2020. Contact with successful startups will be done throughout the application period.
With this program comes the following benefits;
- Participants will get international recognition through partnering with networks of organizers and also granted access to international networks of corporates, investors and international organizations active in the African startup ecosystem.
- Weekly stipends will be given to the participating startups as well as a chance to pitch for additional awards by the end of the program.
- Preferred access, for the startups taking part, to exposure trips and match-making facility of Make-IT in Africa.
- Recognition of top trainers and mentors in Rwanda.
- Creation of a Central Co-working space in Kigali.
Other takeaways from the LOOP program include:
- Design thinking tools (3-4) for boosting the customer/partner acquisition process.
- Growth with limited resources, risk mitigation and financial planning.
- Product/Market fit and presentation of a precise value proposition.
- New tools/software (3-4) for supporting the development/operations of the startup.
- The art of networking and how to attract the right team members.
- Investment and growth readiness.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2020.